Contestants must submit the name of your dish and the $25.00 entry fee by January 3rd 2017. Please mail, fax, or email your recipe to:
Apalachicola Oyster Cook-Off
C/O Marisa Getter
180 4th street
Apalachicola, FL 32320
For more information call (850) 323-0385
1) Print name, address, telephone number, and email address (if applicable) on 8½” X 11” paper. We would love to have your recipe for us to include in a future cookbook. If you would like to include your recipe type or print your original recipe on a different 8½” X 11” paper. List all ingredients and provide full instructions. If you do give us your recipe they become the property of the Oyster Cook-off. Entry constitutes permission to edit, modify, adapt, publish or otherwise use recipe without further compensation.
2) Finalists will provide all ingredients, mixing, cooking utensils and heat source (no electricity available). Fresh oysters will be provided.
3) Fresh oysters must be the predominant part of the dish. Recipe must use a minimum of 1 pint of oysters or 1
dozen fresh oysters in the shell.
4) Contestants are limited to 2 hour prep and cooking of recipe.
5) Judging is based on originality, predominance of oysters, taste and presentation.
6) Three finalists will be selected.
7) Contest is open to everyone.
Top 3 finalists will receive a trophy. Click here to download a PDF of the official rules.
2016 – John Solomon
2015 – John Solomon
2014 – Eastpoint Volunteer Fire Dept
2013 – Eastpoint Volunteer Fire Dept
2012 – Jeff Ilardi
2011 – John Huthinson